Thanksgiving Fire Safety!
Have a Safe Holiday Season!
With the holiday season officially kicking off with Thanksgiving. We look forward to family and friends visiting. It is important to keep in mind kitchen safety tips that the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). The top ten safety tips are:
- "Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the stove top so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey, and check on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be hot and kids should stay three feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids. The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee could cause serious burns.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lite candle.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys, pocketbooks or bags.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them by pushing the test button."
At SERVPRO of Chandler South, we wish a happy and safe Thanksgiving!
Have A Fire-Free Fall
Beware of fall danagers to your home, business and family
One of the most beautiful seasons of the year is fall. The crisp temperatures, outdoor activities and beautiful fall colors can be seen no matter where you are or where you live. This creates the excitement for the upcoming holiday season According to the National Fire Protection Association, NFPA, it is also the time where fire dangers can present themselves. SERVPRO of Chandler South wants all families in our communities to stay safe. Consider following the following safety tips provided by NFPA.
- "Use a battery-operated candle or glow stick in jack-o-lanterns
- When choosing costumes, stay away from long trailing fabric
- Teach children to stay away from open flames, including jack-o-lanterns with candles in them.
- Dried flowers, cornstalks, and crepe paper catch fire easily. Keep all decorations away from open flames and other heat sources like light bulbs and heaters
- Provide children with flashlights to carry for lighting or glow sticks as part of their costumes.
- Remember to keep exits clear of decorations, so nothing blocks escape routes. Make sure all smoke alarms are working." (Halloween/NFPA)
At SERVPRO of Chandler South, we want everyone to have a fire -free and safe fall season. Should you have a fire clean-up emergency, we are here to help your family or business 24/7. Please call us (480) 895-4670. We are here to help
Halloween Candy Safety
Keep Your Family Safe During Halloween - Follow These Safety Tips
Halloween is that love by both children and adults. Here are some simple and safe tips for kids and their holiday treats.
Snacking: Give kids a small meal or snack before they hit the streets for trick or treating. The urge to eat candy while out is great. But, children should wait until they get home. As a family you can inspect the candy and treats. Make a game of it by having them sort count and look at each piece.
Safe treats: Children and adults should not accept and eat treats that are not wrapped by the candy manufacturer. This way it may be easier to see if the tasty treats have been tampered with. Remember to throw away anything that is suspicious.
Food Allergies: If your child has a food allergy, check the label to ensure the allergen isn’t present. Children should not to eat any home-baked goods they may have received.
Beware of Choking hazards: Very young children can choke on innocent items like gum, peanuts, hard candies, or small toys.
At SERVPRO of Chandler South, we hope that you have a Safe and Happy Halloween!
Keep Your Home Free From Disaster
Let SERVPRO of Chandler South help if you have a water, fire or flood emergency
Homeowners must keep their residential property in top shape throughout the years. It is important to enlist the help of professionals that can help! SERVPRO of Chandler South has provided homeowners with a "To-Do List" of household items that need to be checked for your home's health.
Once a year:
- Enlist the help of a plumber or handyman to drain and check your water heater. This can help diagnose problems.
- Replace your RO (Reverse Osmosis) filer. It is best to have a plumber or RO technician to help you with this process.
Twice a year:
- Clean your faucet aerator/screens. A handyman can do this, or you can do it yourself.
- Service HVAC system. An HVAC company is the best choice for this service.
Four Times A Year:
- Replace filters. A handyman or yourself can do this. A pro-tip will be to put the size of your filters in the notes section of your cell phone if you have one. Then, set calendar alerts.
Every Two Years:
- Service your water softener. A water softener technician or plumber can help.
Every Five Years:
- Replace water supply lines with the help of a plumber
- Replace the RO (Reverse Osmosis) flex tubes
Every Ten Years:
- Replace your water heater.
Replace p-traps which are located under sinks in the kitchen and bathrooms. This can help prevent water leaks or significant floods.
- Replace angle stop or simply stop valves. These control the supply of water to the individual fixtures
- Replace the toilet wax ring
Your local plumber can help with all of these fixes.
At SERVPRO of Chandler South, we goal is to keep your home safe and free of any destructive happenings. However, if you find that you are in a water, fire, or mold situation, give us a call 24/7, we are here to help with any of these emergencies. Call Us Today (480) 558-7620!
Holiday Food Drive
Holiday Food Drive
Fall is the time of year where communities come together to support local food banks for the holidays. SERVPRO of Gilbert and Chandler South has partnered with Arizona Midwest Food Bank to collect non-perishable food items for families in need. We have enlisted the help of several local businesses are joining our effort. They are:
- Mariposa Point of Mesa
- Jason Thorpe Allstate Agency
- Gerald Sajor Agency – American Family Insurance
- Mosaic Properties
- Desert Fitness
- Michael Janik Agency – State Farm
- Arizona Midwest Food Bank
- Tutor Time
- The Snyder Agency
- SERVPRO of Gilbert
- SERVPRO of Chandler South
Stop by any of these fine businesses during their regular business hours and drop off non-perishable food items for the community food drive. We all appreciate the communities we serve and strive to continue to better them. We appreciate your support. Look for updates on our Facebook page
Commercial Storm Damage
Call Us Should You Sustain Commercial Property Damage
Incidents such as fire, flooding and water damage in the Chandler area at commercial properties are involved with many issues that require a technical knowledgeable, and flexible response. For SERVPRO of Chandler South, it does not matter if the problem is a small water cleanup or a large scale event. Our team of trained professionals will work quickly to assess each situation and isolate the damaged area.
We understand that downtime for a business can be more devastating than the property damage itself. The most important thing to Chandler area businesses is to get back up and running quickly.
Our professional technicians are trained and are aware of legal and environmental concerns. Keeping in mind that we work to restore the damaged area, all while working within budgetary constraints. We understand that the time that you are not in business is lost revenue and productivity.
Our team specialized in cleanup, restoration and renovation for both commercial and residential properties. Our technicians are trained in end to end property damage restoration. We are IICRC-industry certified.
When you have a fire, water, or flood emergency, call SERVPRO of Chandler South (480) 895-4670
We are open 24/7. You will speak directly with one of our team members. And we will be there quickly to give you the help that you need.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Chandler South?
Why choose SERVPRO of Chandler South over other companies that provide water mitigation, mold remediation, and fire restoration services.
Just a few things about your local SERVPRO:
- Ted and Doris Isaacson founded SERVPRO in 1967 the company as a painting business. Quickly, they began to realize a more considerable need in our communities. Today, there are more than 1,700 SERVPRO franchises nationwide. SERVPRO is listed as one of the top 10 franchises in the country today.
Our SERVPRO franchises have been in business for over 16 years with ownership Tom Curran and Jim Tax at the helm for the past several years. Both are bringing a wealth of knowledge from the insurance industry. Our team of professionals is local people who want to make our communities stronger and have been with SERVPRO for many years.
- Our technicians are professionally trained in their craft with exceptional customer service at the helm of the customers they interface with. We utilize state of the art equipment and technique.
Our team will partner with your insurance company to ensure a complete understanding of the work that needs to be done and your coverage.
- Our testimonials indicate the quality and professional work that we have completed. We want you to be satisfied with the service that we provide. Both Tom and Jim welcome our customer's feedback.
We will move quickly to ensure that your property is back to “Like it never even happened.”
Call us first should you need water mitigation, mold remediation, and fire restoration services. You will speak directly 24/7 to one of our team members in your time of need.
SERVPRO of Chandler South (480) 895-4670
Flooding Safety Tips
Monsoon Season Can Turn Your World Upside-down Quickly. Keep Some Simple Safety Tips In Mind.
While Monsoon Season has not hit our communities with all its might..yet! However, we must remind ourselves of a few flood safety tips.
When a flood occurs, take a look at your surroundings. Make certain that a safe location has been identified during a flood emergency for both your family and coworkers. When you are told to evacuate, do not wait; leave immediately! Make sure that you are tuned into the local EAS, NOAA weather or local news stations for up to date information and instructions.
When you see a barricade, don't drive around them. First responders put barricades up to safely redirect traffic. Never walk, swim, or drive through floodwaters. “Turn-Around. Don’t Drown!” Stay off bridges, flood water can wash bridges away without any warning. If you get caught in your car in rising waters, stay inside unless the water starts to come in then move to the roof of your vehicle. Always go to the highest point.
If your home or business sustains, flood damage call SERVPRO of Chandler South (480) 895-4670. We are “Faster to any disaster.” Our team can help you with the mitigation of flood damage and restore your property to “Like it never even happened.”
Dryer Fires Can Be Catastrophic!
Safety Is Important When It Comes to Clothes Dryers!
Understanding the risks associated with clothes dryers if not taken care of properly is essential. One of the most neglected areas are the dryer vents and the lint filter adding to the risk of a home or business fire.
Follow these simple safety tips that can prevent a fire in your dryer.
- Dyers should be is installed and maintained by a certified professional.
- Always make sure that your dryer has a lint filter. Clean the screen before each cycle. Use a dryer lint brush to clean the inside of the lint trap. Lint can build up in the trap.
- Make sure to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up over time.
- Check the venting system in the back of the dryer to make sure that it is not damaged, crushed, or restricted in any way.
- Look outside to make sure the outdoor vent is clear, and there is no lint or obstructions.
- Every so often to clean your dryer tub. Take a clean cloth with a small amount of rubbing alcohol and clean the tub. Let it dry completely.
Keeping your family and customer's safe is important to us at SERVPRO of Chandler South. In the event of a dryer fire at your home or business, call us (480) 895-4670 for 24/7 emergency service. Our team of trained professionals will help restore any fire damage emergency. Quickly we bring your home or business back to. “Like it never even happened."
A Silent Killer - Carbon Monoxide!
Beware of Carbon Monoxide!
Carbon Monoxide is challenging to detect and is often called the silent killer. The problem is you can't see or smell carbon monoxide. Carbon Monoxide has no smell, color, or taste. At high levels, it can poison or kill a person or pets in minutes.
It is important to know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. The symptoms can include a dull headache, dizziness, muscle weakness, confusion, nausea or vomiting, blurred vision, confusion or heart, and respiratory diseases. If you ever suspect any of your symptoms are related to carbon monoxide, move to fresh air and get out of your home immediately — call 911. The experts will come and access any issues you may have in your home.
As a homeowner, it is crucial to inspect all fuel-burning appliances, fireplaces, wood stoves, etc. by a trained professional every year. It can ensure that your home is safe. It is vital to have carbon monoxide detectors in your home. There are many options available and are easy to install and test regularly.
At SERVPRO of Chandler South, we always put families first.